Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How effective is story spamming to friends?

last reply
109 replies
11.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Prolific Writer
Quote by LovingSadist

I was answering a question asked of me. I’m not sure why you’re getting so defensive. Sorry if you took what I said as an attack on your work.

I was just showing you that Lush wasn't that small....

It's a great site and when you're here a bit you will get a great following.

I'm not being defensive. Just thought I would say a little something about views.

Hugs,
Mysteria
xo
Prolific Writer
Quote by LovingSadist

Not sure that’s true. Many people who post on this site also sell their work on Amazon and Smashowrds.[/quot

True...but nobody is making loads of cash.

If you are....Congratulations to you.

Sorry I said anything,
Good Day..

xo
Lurker
Quote by Mysteria27
Quote by LovingSadist

Not sure that’s true. Many people who post on this site also sell their work on Amazon and Smashowrds.[/quot

True...but nobody is making loads of cash.

If you are....Congratulations to you.

Sorry I said anything,
Good Day..

xo

Me? No. I dot charge on E-book sites. I just know some people on here do. I was speaking on their behalf.
Her Royal Spriteness
I fucking hate story spamming.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
Quote by LovingSadist

Not sure that’s true. Many people who post on this site also sell their work on Amazon and Smashwords.

I have self-published 4 books on Amazon. That doesn't make me a professional.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Lurker
Quote by Annamagique

I have self-published 4 books on Amazon. That doesn't make me a professional.

Then I was wrong. Since you’re not a professional no one is. Because my original comment was only talking about you.
Quote by LovingSadist

Then I was wrong. Since you’re not a professional no one is. Because my original comment was only talking about you.

Serious question: why are you so rude?
Lurker
Quote by browncoffee

Serious question: why are you so rude?

I think every example of my rudeness is situational and has a wholly unique reason.
Quote by LovingSadist

I think every example of my rudeness is situational and has a wholly unique reason.

I think your reasoning is off.
Lurker
Quote by browncoffee

I think your reasoning is off.

That is a fair critique.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
Quote by LovingSadist

I think you enjoy the attention from stirring things up, and so are wholly un-unique, but feel free, doesn't bother me. Sadist may be in your username, but I sense some masochism in your saying things that you know will cause a negative backlash.

I spam most of my stories, but I don't think it does much good. I know a few people who rely on it, so I do it. I assume if people don't like it they can just turn it off. I don't have too wide a readership here anyway. I've had the occasional erotic story published elsewhere, but nothing erotic on Amazon and nothing at all on Smashwords.
I think if you want to spam you should, how effective is it, from what I am seeing, not much anymore. It I use to be very much. But since Milik and I have been back, I’m not seeing much in it. I would like to see away to spam your followers not just your friends. But I also feel if your friends or followers want to read you they will.
Click below to see

Active Ink Slinger
When I let my friends know I had recently had a story published I found out most had read the story but few had commented. This seems to be bourne out by the number of readers and the number of comments.
Now I just hope that my followers and friends enjoy them and don't concern myself with comments and scores.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by LovingSadist

So unfortunate that your desire to be rude makes you inaccurate. You intimated that everyone who publishes on Amazon is a professional. I told you that I was not. Shame you had to respond with such rancour.
WooHoo!!!! 27,000 views! Could I dare to hope for a famous story...

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-runner.aspx
Lurker
Quote by Annamagique

So unfortunate that your desire to be rude makes you inaccurate. You intimated that everyone who publishes on Amazon is a professional. I told you that I was not. Shame you had to respond with such rancour.

Wrong, I said those who “sell” their work. That makes them a professional. That’s is the definition of professional. Whether they make a dollar or a million dollars it doesn’t matter. It makes me sad your dislike of me makes you feel like it’s ok to twist my words to fit your agenda. I didn’t claim everyone who posts on amazon and smashwords makes them a professional. Such a claim is stupid. The fact that you say “I intimated” is proof you are imposing your bias on my words. I will be rude pretty much every time someone takes my words out of context. If you have a problem with it block me. Or maybe you can just get better at intimating.
Active Ink Slinger
I just delete and ignore. Only exception is if a friend asked me to read it and tell them what I think. But often it’s just not my type of story.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Guest

I thik every example of my rudeness is situational and has a wholly unique reason.

So:

1. You hide behind the cloak of anonymity. You can't even make a fake profile so people can refer to something other than someone "X" poking holes at the internet for attention. My first thought was you are probably a big wig on this site until I saw...

2. You make no attempt to proofread what so ever that glaring red squiggly screams, "HELLO Fix Me!"

3. How unprofessional is it to wear a mask and hide behind shadows and call people names. If I wasn't using you for my 20th forum post... never mind.
Lurker
I don't spam.

No to .

Primus Omnium
This thread has been around for a while. I've read a lot of the comments. For some reason I've never put in my .

I really have no clue if spamming works. Actually, I've never even tried it, that I can recall. I'm rather lucky in that most of the people who would read my work are followers and get a notice when I've posted a new story. I've not seen the need to spam.

I do know that I use the blocking function so that I won't receive such spam notices myself. I receive all the messages I need from the people I follow when they publish a story.
Butterfly
I don't mind that