Login

X factor canceled: YAY

last reply
9 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
There is way too many singing shows. A bunch of people trying to sing for a 'Chance' of a lifetime. So, they get 15 minutes of fame, and then they go back to their day jobs. I give them this, it might sound better on paper, than it actually happening. I only hope american idol is next.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure how bad it is in the states. But over here in Oz, we either have singing shows, cooking shows - not that you would actually cook any of the 'meals', weight loss shows (Biggest loser) or some other reality based who cares type show.
It is very much the same as the music juggernaut of today. Find something that works this month and flog it to death. You can only flog a dead horse so many times...

The best thing is the networks advertise when the show will be on air, so you can happily watch something else.. Or log into lush and read a fantastic story or two lol
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Actually, American Idol should have been gone a long time ago. They've had way more misses than hits when it comes to their winners.

XFactor has actually produced some good talent...it's up to the artist themselves not to fade into obscurity. There's only so much your label can do for you. Not to mention, they have the better deal...$5 million, if I'm not mistaken.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
I just have never cared for these shows. Especially Idol...
Lurker
0 likes
I just wish the UK one would follow suit, sick and tired of manufactured pop crap. but as always, ITV will flog it until the damn thing is dead and buried and then dig it up and try again. That's the thing with UK terrestrial channels though, they don't go by public opinion, just by how much money they can buy the kids souls for
Matriarch
0 likes
A friend of mine is a "star" of a period drama here in Australia.

Between the hiring of the heritage properties, costumes etc, the productions costs work out at 2-3 times your average crappy "house makeover" show (which are staggeringly popular), which can be filmed with 3 cameras in someone's back yard.

Unfortunately easy advertising revenue, does not equal quality TV.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I can still remember the time when television was entertaining. A good mixture of film, drama, comedy, sport, family shows, current affairs etc., etc., Now it's mainly talent and reality shows of one form or another. Terrestrial TV is absolutely boring. Not just boring but mind dumbing!

I think it says much about society today; instant gratification without having to think or put work into it. I would like to see the UK version taken off air as well. I haven't watched it for years. It was never entertaining watching judges ridicule people who clearly can't sing and share a brain cell with the whole family. Or hearing people who had a half decent voice spoil it all with a sob story about how they are doing it to make their granny's cat proud.

Even if they did take it off they would replace it with something as equally banal. Thank God for Sky TV at least we can go back and watch programmes that were truly entertaining.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Idol really should have been cancelled a long time ago. Thy try to mix things up with new gimmicks and stuff, but it's just not working. I mean there have been a couple of successful people there like Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, but there have been hundreds of people there already and I can only name 2.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I am so tired of these shows. I am glad they are starting to cancel.

They were good for the first 5 seasons but now they are just old and boring.

I did like the X Factor better then American Idol because it was a little more personal but I am not sad to see it gone.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
It is labeled generically: Programming - after all.

Turn on the tube and get yourself programmed.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.