Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Which True Story War Movie Is Thee Most Accurate?

last reply
16 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I Think It's 'We Were Soldiers'.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Most TRUE war stories are highly inaccurate.

The Band of Brothers HBO miniseries is one of the most accurate.

One of the most inaccurate war movies I know of is Mel Gibson's Braveheart. Too many fallacies to waste my time typing them.

I'd love to see an accurate and well portrayed big budget movie of The Battle of The Little Bighorn (Custer's Last Stand.) the old movies on that are pathetically wrong.
Lurker
0 likes
I was going to say 'Band of Brothers'. But I can't help but believe that it must have been something like how Stalingrad portrayed the plight of the Germans and Russian soldiers there.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Probably The War of the Roses. Shit happens everyday.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Star Wars!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
No one wants to make a true war movie. There is no glory, honor or heros, there are only desperate people fighting for their lives, blood, death and loss. It is an excerise in futllity and the men in the trenches would rather be anywhere but there.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sssnake
I Think It's 'We Were Soldiers'.

I agree. I've read the book too. The movie is pretty close to the book.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am kind of a history buff and We Were Soldiers and Band of Brothers are based on history and the most accurate.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Bravo Two Zero
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes

Humanity is sometimes lost in the action. Full Metal Jacket is great too.

A faithful soldier, without fear,
He loved his girl for one whole year,
For one whole year and longer yet,
His love for her, he'd ne'er forget.

This youth to foreign land did roam,
While his true love, fell ill at home.
Sick unto death, she no one heard.
Three days and nights she spoke no word.

And when the youth received the news,
That his dear love, her life may lose,
He left his place and all he had,
To see his love, went this young lad...

He took her in his arms to hold,
She was not warm, forever cold.
Oh quick, oh quick, bring light to me,
Else my love dies, no one will see...

Pallbearers we need two times three,
Six farmhands they are so heavy.
It must be six of soldiers brave,
To carry my love to her grave.

A long black coat, I must now wear.
A sorrow great, is what I bear.
A sorrow great and so much more,
My grief it will end nevermore.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Milik_The_Red
No one wants to make a true war movie. There is no glory, honor or heros, there are only desperate people fighting for their lives, blood, death and loss. It is an excerise in futllity and the men in the trenches would rather be anywhere but there.

How true Milik. The majority of movies have many inaccuracies in order to make them watchable - like probably the least accurate of them all U571!

BoB and Pacific are very close as they are based on factual accounts as is We Were Soldiers. The Battle of Britain and Dambusters are pretty accurate in many aspects but have stories woven through them. Some portray a number of unrelated events woven together to form one story (633 squadron for example).

To my mind one of the best is 'The Longest Day', a very good portrayal of one of the most momentous events in modern history...you soon forget that it is in black and white!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The Devil's Brigade was pretty accurate.
It had a few inaccuracies but that falls under poetic license, as well as probably very few
People who were alive still from the war willing to act as consultants, on exactly
What happened at every moment during the war.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Milik_The_Red

Some don't have any of that.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pokemon the first movie.
Lurker
0 likes
Tora Tora Tora