Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What song{s) would you want to play at your funeral?

last reply
23 replies
1.7k views
1 watcher
4 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Admittedly, not the cheeriest of topics but I'd love to know what song or songs you'd like to have play at your funeral? How would you like to say goodbye to the world and what final memory of yourself would you leave to your loved ones?

Having a rather perverse sense of humour I've toyed with the idea of Living in a Box by Living in a Box but as I'd like to be cremated that wouldn't be factually accurate.

I wanted something musically epic, with a touch of relevance so I decided on this version of one of the greatest songs ever:

I also love the lyrics to this Linkin Park song so would probably have this one too...

Clumeleon
0 likes
0 likes

Because it reminds me of my sister.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ah I recently had cause to reflect on this point. Here is a series i came up with

All ways look on the bright side of life - Monty Python
Knocking on Heavens Door - Warren Zevon version
Changes - David Bowie
Along the Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix version
Girl from the North Country - Dylan

just for a start
0 likes
Quote by samg61

All ways look on the bright side of life - Monty Python

I am not the only one crazy enough to want that!

Other possible, and probably more appropriate options:

Time - Alan Parsons Project

Where Peaceful Waters Flow - Chris De Burgh

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day

Probably something by The Moody Blues but I can't think of a good one right now.
0 likes
None. There will be no funeral nor memorial service for either my wife or myself.
0 likes
Quote by JackStay
None. There will be no funeral nor memorial service for either my wife or myself.

You have that in writing? Because if you and I were friends, you wouldn't leave w/out a proper service.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Fields of Athenry. It's an Irish folk ballad about the Great Famine. Any version is good, but I like the Irish bagpipes.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On second thought, let's have the whole town sing to my demise....

Such a beautiful song.
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

You have that in writing? Because if you and I were friends, you wouldn't leave w/out a proper service.

Yes, we do. Our wills specify we are to be cremated, the cremains are to be placed into a brown, untreated paper bag and buried or scattered on our property where our pets are buried. This way whatever minerals are left will return to the soil. IF there's anything microbes can feed on they'll consume that and it'll be the start of us becoming part of the food chain which will continue until the sun flares out and the earth becomes stardust.

We came into this world without a lot of fanfare and we are planning on leaving without a lot of fanfare.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I posted this previously

30 Jul 2020

These tracks are the ones I chose to spin at my wake and burial seeing as my funeral arrangements are paid for and my parents can mourn my death in peace.

These three songs on replay on my wake:

TROIS GYMNOPEDIES (FIRST MOVEMENT)
by GARY NUMAN

COLOURS OF RAIN by VNV NATION

13 GHOSTS II by NINE INCH NAILS

and on my burial

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR by CLIFF EDWARDS

DAZZLE by SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

My daughter says she is going to play Life Is Beautiful by 6AM, I'm adding to the list.

0 likes

I just want The Cure.. my favorite …pictures of you

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

My Way. I prefer the Sex Pistols version but I dislike some of the changed lyrics.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

I did it my way Frank sinatra, highway to hell acdc

0 likes

I don’t want a funeral. A very personal, small gathering of immediate family to toss my ashes into the Pacific Ocean off the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii.

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

I'd like this to be played during the cremation...

To be precise, I'd like them to press the button which starts the coffin rolling into the crematorium itself just at the end of the 'clean' intro, that'd be an epic way to go on this final journey... 😉

And I'd like "My body lies but still I roam" carved upon my 'stone', aka the cover of the alcove which will contain my urn in the familial vault...😋

(If "Wherever I May Roam" isn't possible for some reason, then Apocalyptica's cover of "Nothing Else Matters" would be my 2nd choice. Since it was already the exit song at our wedding, at least it'd keep the theme going.)

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

I can’t get no satisfaction...Rolling Stones

0 likes

Quote by Icarus4

I can’t get no satisfaction...Rolling Stones

Classic! To you Icarus

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Go to sleep- Eminem