Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What is your list of greatest movie westerns of all time?

last reply
72 replies
6.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by tilly
Mclintock
Quiet Man
True Grit
Sons of Katie Elder

Quiet Man? As in the John Wayne movie w Maureen O'Hara set in Ireland? If that's the one, it may be a John Wayne movie by John Ford, but I'm not sure it can be called a western.

Is it a different movie?

One of my top picks would have to be the Magnificent Seven. That cast. That score!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by oceanrunner

Quiet Man? As in the John Wayne movie w Maureen O'Hara set in Ireland? If that's the one, it may be a John Wayne movie by John Ford, but I'm not sure it can be called a western.

Is it a different movie?

One of my top picks would have to be the Magnificent Seven. That cast. That score!

Well, 'The Quiet Man' was set in the WEST of Ireland!!! *Giggles!*

xx SF
Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
Rio Bravo
She wore a yellow ribbon
Young guns
Wouldn't you rather have a nice cup of tea?
0 likes
Sergio Leone's trilogy with Clint Eastwood - All three are classics.

Interestingly, Fistful of Dollars and Magnificent 7 were both remakes of classic Japanese Samurai films by Akira Kurosawa. If you don't mind swords instead of guns, the original movies hold up pretty strongly in this genre.

Don't believe everything that you read.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Any John Ford directing John Wayne movie. Most Clint Eastwood westerns.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Outlaw Jose Wales
Lurker
0 likes
Hombre
Shane
Magnificent 7
Winchester '73
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lonesome Dove
Unforgiven
High Noon
The Searchers
Stagecoach
Dances With Wolves
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
Once Upon a Time in the West
Blazing Saddles
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
Little Big Man
Shane
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
The only reason I didn't have Lonesome Dove on my list is because I only listed movies. I have to say that I consider the original Lonesome Dove with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones, to be the greatest TV miniseries of all time and especially the greatest western TV miniseries. Also, The Sacketts was a great TV western miniseries.

Yes, that is a good 4 episode mini-series. The 'Outlaw Years' one I mentioned because I got a season of disks and I was swooning over Scott Bairstow.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'd have to say....The Outlaw Josie Wales. Or the book by Forrest Carter... Gone to Texas