Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What do you think of Who's new companion?

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Story Verifier
0 likes

Do you agree with the feminist campaigner who claims gay assistant Bill Potts was added to provide ‘girl-on-girl titillation for male viewers’
Lurker
0 likes
That awkward moment when you open a thread and have no clue what's being discussed so you cannot comment...
0 likes
Quote by Metilda
That awkward moment when you open a thread and have no clue what's being discussed so you cannot comment...

Reference is to the TV series Doctor Who, which debuted a new "companion" (a, usually female, human who travels through time and space with the main character) this season. The new companion is the first explicitly LGBTQ companion unless you count Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman), an omnisexual time traveller who was introduced on Dr. Who and later was a main character on the spinoff series Torchwood.

I am so far behind on Dr. Who that I haven't even seen any episodes with the current doctor (Peter Capaldi) so don't really have an opinion. Nice to have an LGBTQ character who is sympathetic at least. Jack was a great character, but a bit of a shit at times.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm actually loving her, because judging by the first episode, the fact that she's a lesbian black girl is about the least interesting thing about her?

They seem to orient her in the direction of a strong character, who isn't too complacent with the Doctor's ego "why do you run like a penguin with its arse on fire?", but still capable of feeling a sense of wonder. It's a welcome change from Clara, whom I really loved, but by the end she was just written to be a complete enabler to the Doctor.

Also, the writing seems funnier than last year? Judging by one episode. That could make Bill a great companion as well.