Login

The World's End

last reply
6 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Her Royal Spriteness
they did zombies in Shawn of the Dead. They did cultists in Hot Fuzz. Now they do... oh, but that would be spoiling it... what i WILL say is, it's the best f'ing comedy movie ever. EVER. it's not a Rom-Com, it's a Brom-Com, and oh, it's funny, warm, a little scary, and it's deep. 12 pubs in one night. 12. that number IS SIGNIFICANT! pay attention to what goes on in each pub - it's brilliant! god, how did they manage to think this up? i need to see this shit again. new game - take a shot every time they hit a new pub - it's so wrong it's right.

drunk sprite's rating A++

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Cryptic Vigilante
Quote by sprite
they did zombies in Shawn of the Dead. They did cultists in Hot Fuzz. Now they do... oh, but that would be spoiling it... what i WILL say is, it's the best f'ing comedy movie ever. EVER. it's not a Rom-Com, it's a Brom-Com, and oh, it's funny, warm, a little scary, and it's deep. 12 pubs in one night. 12. that number IS SIGNIFICANT! pay attention to what goes on in each pub - it's brilliant! god, how did they manage to think this up? i need to see this shit again. new game - take a shot every time they hit a new pub - it's so wrong it's right.

drunk sprite's rating A++

I love these movies (Shawn of the Dead and Hot Fuzz). Probably my 2 favorite comedies ever. I look forward to seeing The World's End!
Matriarch
Gav recommended "Shawn of the Dead" to me. I had mixed reactions to it, I have to say. Funny in a few places, but not enough to sing its praises. Enjoyable, for a low budget affair.

I haven't seen Hot Fuzz. I should give that a look before "The World's End". Great pub in Camden called that if anyone is in London and stuck for a place to have a few.
Rookie Scribe
Start of life hereafter... :-)
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by nicola
Gav recommended "Shawn of the Dead" to me. I had mixed reactions to it, I have to say. Funny in a few places, but not enough to sing its praises. Enjoyable, for a low budget affair.

I haven't seen Hot Fuzz. I should give that a look before "The World's End". Great pub in Camden called that if anyone is in London and stuck for a place to have a few.

i really liked Shawn - that said, i think they've gotten funnier with each outing - Hot Fuzz was brilliant, this one was even better. if you ever really loved me, you'd go see it, Nic. *giggles*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
I'm really looking forward to seeing this biggrin The reviews looked incredible!
Lurker
^this: I like those guys movies. Shawn of the dead, hot fuzz. Both really funny. Hope this can keep it going.