Login

The Hangover Part II and III yay or nay

last reply
16 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Most people really like the first one, because it was funny and original. 2 years later the second came out, and 2 years after that, the third came out too. Neither of which were really liked. I still thought they were funny, but still lost to the first one. What's your opinion?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree, the first one was laugh until you cry hilarious to me, but I think with each addition they became less funny. I liked the second one and it was sort of funny, but I barely laughed at all during the third one. I think by the time the third one came out it was just becoming redundant.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
The first one yay the second eh the third waste of time too long for nothing
0 likes
Loved the first one and still re-watch it regularly. Liked the second one, but it wasn't nearly as funny as the first. The third one? Hell, it seemed to me like it was thrown together because everybody involved knew the money would come in because of the name of the trilogy and the numbers they'd inevitably get at the box office. Didn't care for it. Glad I watched it, though. But for a movie to be called "The 'Hangover'", ***spoiler alert ensuing?*** there was no hangover until the end credits (which I'll stop right there).
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I loved both 1 and 2. I actually thought #2 was just as funny as the original and quite witty for a sequel. The first one will always be the best because it first introduced us to that whole concept/storyline. #3 was a total bust. I agree with others - it's like it was just seen as an easy way to cap off a trilogy and take advantage of a built-in audience but the same gags start to get old after a while. The downgrade in quality of the third movie was kind of what I expect from most sequels though, so to me - it was an accomplishment that the second Hangover movie still retained the cool and fun vibe that it did.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2nd one sucked, haven't seen the 3rd but I heard it wasn't good. So it's a nay for me
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Autumn17
I agree, the first one was laugh until you cry hilarious to me, but I think with each addition they became less funny. I liked the second one and it was sort of funny, but I barely laughed at all during the third one. I think by the time the third one came out it was just becoming redundant.

This ^^^^^
Lurker
0 likes
I really thought they were baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I didn't like the first one. I laughed, like, no times.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
I'm with Dancing_Doll, I thought the first two were great.

The third was okay, but they never should have gone off formula. It wasn't until the closing scene until I was hooked back in. That's where they should have started.

It's a bit like American Pie. The first two had the same structure and were brilliant. The third went off road and suffered for it. Although, I loved the pubes on the wedding cake! Sorry, went a bit off topic there myself.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First and second were good. The third to me was a big letdown! Wasn't nearly as good as the first two.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The first one is definitely the best and in my opinion, followed by the third, then the second
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
one and two are good. have not seen the third
Lurker
0 likes

as long as Galafinakis is in them.
Lurker
0 likes
NAY to them both. I cannot stand sequels for the most part. The first one had me rolling with laughter but 2? Why? Oh yes money, no artistic value at all.
Lurker
0 likes
First hands down. Second and third were just cheap remakes trying to make more than what is what. Should have left it alone.