last reply
4 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thoughts?
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Lurker
0 likes
I'm just about to watch it....

I feel like ST is one of the most overrated shows on TV. I get the nostalgic 1980's pseudo Stephen King thing that they go for.....But I just wasn't enamored by the first season.

Maybe I'll watch the first season again before diving into the second.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DamonX
I'm just about to watch it....

I feel like ST is one of the most overrated shows on TV. I get the nostalgic 1980's pseudo Stephen King thing that they go for.....But I just wasn't enamored by the first season.

Maybe I'll watch the first season again before diving into the second.

I thought the 2nd season was pretty good. Has a half-life feel to it. That's a video game from the 90s
I just want to be someone's everything....is that a problem?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Season 2 was good, though not nearly as compelling as season one.
Lurker
0 likes
I just watched the second season. Pretty much on par with the first.

I love the eighties nostalgia but like the first season, I lost interest as the season progressed. If you watch the youtube videos and see all the 80s film references you can gain a bit more appreciation for the series.

I have to say though, that the main thing holding back Stranger Things... will be puberty. All the male stars of the series were chosen because they were "unique" looking. Millie Bobbie Brown will get better looking, but all those odd looking kids will succumb to puberty. I call this the "Bran Effect" (for Game of Thrones fans).