Login

Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman dies due to liver failure

last reply
5 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
At about 11:00 am, he passed away. I never got to see Slayer live, but I have logged in a lot of hours listening to their metal anthems. I hope my fellow metalheads here on Lush are mourning his death. We lost yet another legend.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
R.I.P Jeff Hanneman

I am not a big Slayer fan (definitely my least fav of the Big 4) although I do like some of their stuff, especially Seasons in the Abyss
Wild at Heart
0 likes
RIP

The dude from slayer died of liver failure huh? Who could have seen that coming.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
RIP Jeff,

While not my fave of the big four bands they certainly had a few classic moments. I was lucky enough to have seen Slayer many times over the years and he was a fantastic live guitarist! he will be missed in the metal fraternity, and joins the likes of Dio, Cliff Burton and others in one hell of a jam band!!
Lurker
0 likes
Resp In Peace, Jeff Hanneman. Such a pity that when people hear that he died of liver failure, they automatically suspect alcohol abuse. It was, in fact complications from a spider bite, which caused necrotising fasciitis, which in turn caused the liver failure.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Jesus saves, listen to you pray
You think you'll see the pearly gates
When death takes you away
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}