Your choice?

45 votes remaining
Brad Pitt (19 votes) 42%
Johnny Depp (39 votes) 87%
Tom Cruise (3 votes) 7%
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

Pitt vs Depp vs Cruise

I've seen this question asked on some other forums before, and thought it would be interesting to hear the opinion of my fellow Lushies.

These three actors have in fact quite a lot in common which makes this competition interesting: sex-symbols, similar ages (early 50s), started their careers in the 80s, critically acclaimed roles/performances, etc.

Who is the best overall actor? Who is the sexiest? Who has the best personality? Who has the most merit?

Out of the three, which one has your final vote?

Let the battle begin!
0 likes
Tough call between Pitt and Depp for me. I liked Johnny early on but I'm finding he's trading a bit too much on his quirkiness these days (he really needs to take a break from Tim Burton, I think). Pitt's a bit more down to earth both in life and roles and probably more my speed these days.

Oh, and Cruise? Never liked him for some reason. Couldn't say why. He's got a great smile but somehow just doesn't excite me otherwise.
Blackbird Supernova
0 likes
Depp, hands down. Pitt is a fantastic actor but he just doesn't do it for me. Cruise... meh.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I absolutely love Brad Pitt. He is a wonderful actor and really hot looking.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Depp...hands down..
The Linebacker
0 likes
Depp is the best actor, Pitt the next best and Cruise is third in the bunch. They all are adept enough at acting, if Depp would be pickier about his character roles, he could be Oscar worthy.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by littlemiss
Depp...hands down..

Hands down where ?? ;)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Gilbert Grape. Fear and Loathing. Don Juan DeMarco. Benny and Joon. That's really all that needs to be said. JD for life.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Fleshlover

Hands down where ?? ;)

Down where it matters ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Going with Leo, screw the choices lol
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Johnny Depp by far, then Brad Pitt, followed by Tom Cruise. Though, I personally don't like TC all that much. I can't think of a single film where I can say "Wow! He did an amazing job." I don't see what the big fuss over him is.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Haha, not much love for poor Tom Cruise so far. I don't follow celebrity gossips all that much, but I tend to believe that his episodes with Katie Holmes (on Oprah) and with Scientology didn't help his public image all that much since the last 10 years or so.

He played many great roles though: Rain Man, Born on the Fourth of July, A Few Good Men, Interview with the Vampire, Eyes Wide Shut, The Last Samurai, etc. But then, I believe that his acting abilities weren't even that great when compared to some other actors (eg. Pitt, Depp). Mostly he played great roles with average performances.

I had a hard time choosing between Pitt and Depp: Pitt is more like the universal Hollywood superstar, whereas Johnny Depp is a more unconventional one. Both of them are quite versatile in the roles they can play and have similar acting abilities, though Pitt usually plays more physical roles, whereas Depp usually plays more eccentric ones.

I finally chose Depp. Eccentricity for the win!

Quote by AriaLove
Going with Leo, screw the choices lol

I actually thought about him when creating the poll, but he isn't exactly in the same age category as those three other actors.

Hmm, maybe I'll create a DiCaprio vs Damon vs Bale thread at some point.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Johnny Depp
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Depp. Ten to twenty years ago, I'd have said Pitt. I'd never have said Cruise!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Pitt, Depp, or Cruise?

I do like someone's addition of Leo. Having said that, I have a non-sexual man crush on Brad Pitt. Great movies, he isn't shallow, and like Depp, DiCaprio, and Cruise, he flies mostly under the radar. I don't like my stars ending up at the wrong end of cameras outside of pubs and altercations.

I have no problem with any of the four, with the exception of Cruise and his God complex. All great actors. All of them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Johnny Depp
Lurker
0 likes
Brad Pitt any day or nite!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mmmmmm.... Hands down Pitt. I don't think there is a role he has played that hasn't been appealing to me. He's pretty all around tasty. But if you could deliver him as Tyler Durden Or Him in A River Runs Through It to my door step....or even joe black I would be a happy girl.

*******************************************************************************************

Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Brad Pitt without a doubt!
Matriarch
0 likes
I read somewhere that both Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise went for the part of Pinocchio recently, but both were turned down. Apparently their acting was too wooden.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I read somewhere that both Nicholas Cage and Tom Cruise went for the part of Pinocchio recently, but both were turned down. Apparently their acting was too wooden.

i heard the issue was that there were too many strings attached...

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

English Rose
0 likes
Quote by Nicola

Quote by sprite

i heard the issue was that there were too many strings attached...

Brad Pitt won the role. The competition was tight, but he was the winner by a nose...
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Matriarch
0 likes

Slow Sunday huh?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Slow Sunday huh?

you started it.

Matriarch
0 likes
I like Brad Pitt, his acting and outlook on life.

I hope if he stumbled upon this site, he'd feel the same about me and what I try to achieve here.

Actors, artists, writers, we are cut from a very similar cloth.