0 likes
The Smiths

Joy Division/Warsaw

New Order

The Stone Roses

Oasis

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
While I like all of the above bands, my personal favourite would have to be The Smiths, followed closely by Joy Division/Warsaw, although my favourite song at the moment is 'I am the resurrection' by The Stone Roses.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Smiths
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Oasis for me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oasis. i had a thing for Liam when i was younger.
Matriarch
0 likes
No Happy Mondays mention?

I like Lamb too.

I can't decide between The Smiths, and Joy Division.

Story Verifier
0 likes
Best band has to be Oasis but there are many other notable bands that have shaped music culture. Bands like The Hollies, The Bee Gees, Herman's Hermits, Wayne Fontana, Freddie and The Dreamers, Joy Division and New Order. Begrudgingly you have to include The Smiths. I say begrudgingly because the guy's a complete jerk.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
Loving Elbow right now. Are they a Manchester band? Forgive me if they're not.

Deb X
Story Verifier
0 likes
Quote by Debbie2013
Loving Elbow right now. Are they a Manchester band? Forgive me if they're not.

Deb X

From Bury. Which is part of Greater Manchester.
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
808 STATE!!!

....and then Ride.....from not-Manchester.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I like Lamb too.

a favorite of mine - Gorecki, in fact, is a life changing song for me - also, i was Lucky enough to meet Andy and he's one of the most wonderful human beings ever - he, as well, was life changing for me

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
I may be wrong about them being from Manchester, but I am too lazy to fact-check. Echo and the Bunnymen are incredible. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.
Lurker
0 likes
Oasis is my obvious answer.

BUT... I also adore The 1975. They're pretty awesome.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by SandCritter
I may be wrong about them being from Manchester, but I am too lazy to fact-check. Echo and the Bunnymen are incredible. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken.

yeah, sorry, Liverpool. still, a good band. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Joy Division
New Order
The Chameleons
Inca Babies
0 likes

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

0 likes
I was gonna put the Hollies

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Simmerdownchick
I was gonna put the Hollies

Have I ever told you that you have good taste?
0 likes
Quote by 69Kisses96

Have I ever told you that you have good taste?

A few times. I know, I do..>lol!

Lurker
0 likes
The Smiths.
Lurker
0 likes
elastic