Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Favorite Movies of 2018

last reply
8 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
This might be a bit late I watched a ton of movies over the holiday break and I wrote up a list of my favorites (in no particular order) from 2018. I didn't see a thread like this so I thought I'd make one and see if any one else wanted to share/discuss their favorites.

Hot Summer Nights – The setting in this film is just so fun and nostalgic (early 1990s Cape Cod). Neon drenched with a killer soundtrack and the leads are just so likable.

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Seriously, this might be the best Spider-Man film ever made. The animation, music, story, and visuals are all incredible.

Hereditary – If you like horror and can stomach watching uncomfortable and morbid family drama, then I highly recommend it. Toni Collette gives an Oscar-worthy performance.

Eighth Grade – This should be required viewing for middle-schoolers and high-schoolers. Bo Burnham did an incredible job writing and directing his first film. The cringe is real.

Mandy – In a word: METAL. Even if you don’t like Nicolas Cage normally, his umm "talents" are utilized perfectly here. Extremely violent with 80s retro visuals that made me feel like I had dropped acid watching it.

Honorable Mentions - Sorry to Bother You, First Reformed, A Star is Born, Annihilation, A Quiet Place
I though this was a pretty weak year for movies. I haven't seen all of them yet, especially the later Oscar contenders. But these are my favorites. so far...

10. Avengers:Infinity War
9. Under the Silver Lake
8. Green Book
7. Hot Summer Nights
6. BlackKlansman
5. You Were Never Really Here
4. The House that Jack Built
3. The Favourite

I'll have to wait and see the rest before I finish my list.
Quote by DamonX
I though this was a pretty weak year for movies. I haven't seen all of them yet, especially the later Oscar contenders. But these are my favorites. so far...

9. Under the Silver Lake
8. Green Book
7. Hot Summer Nights
6. BlackKlansman

Agreed. BlackKlansman was a hell of a good film. I really enjoyed The Death of Stalin. I thought that was great. Me likes a political satire.

I saw A star is born. Bradley Cooper is a very good director. The film was good. Maybe I'm a heartless cow but I wasn't one of the people crying or shedding tears in the theatre that night at the end of the film. I'm still not fussed on Lady Gaga as an actor. Talented, yes, but not for me.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was cheese beyond cheese. Not enough Jeff Goldblum, that's the first problem. And that last third of the movie can go fuck itself.
Quote by Lauradj

Agreed. BlackKlansman was a hell of a good film. I really enjoyed The Death of Stalin. I thought that was great. Me likes a political satire.

I saw A star is born. Bradley Cooper is a very good director. The film was good. Maybe I'm a heartless cow but I wasn't one of the people crying or shedding tears in the theatre that night at the end of the film. I'm still not fussed on Lady Gaga as an actor. Talented, yes, but not for me.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom was cheese beyond cheese. Not enough Jeff Goldblum, that's the first problem. And that last third of the movie can go fuck itself.

Oh... Death of Stalin was good. When you mentioned that, it made me think of The Favourite. Which would also make my top ten list.
Quote by DamonX

9. Under the Silver Lake
8. Green Book
7. Hot Summer Nights
6. BlackKlansman
3. The Favourite

Solid list. I haven't seen Under the Silver Lake or The House that Jack Built yet, but I really enjoyed the rest of these.

BlackKlansman was another of my favs. Adam Driver is always really solid and I didn't know until after the movie that the lead is Denzel Washington's son. Pretty obvious in retrospect. Spike Lee is pretty hit and miss for me and I think this is his best movie in a really long time.
Quote by Lauradj

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only cold-hearted, soulless sociopath that made it through A Star is Born without sobbing.

I felt a lot of emotions throughout and was moved by the ending, but I just don't cry like that during films. I definitely couldn't in the theater.

I really liked Lady Gaga in this role a lot, but I think this was more of a great casting choice than anything. We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised to see her film career take off, but I doubt she'll find acclaim like this again.

Yes, we needed more of this, fo sho.

I thought the first Jurassic World was also pretty cheesy so I planned on ignoring Fallen Kingdom. I got dragged to see it anyway. The whole opening sequence on the island is ludicrous in so many ways. At that point, I knew I was gonna have to hate-watch this thing and enjoy myself by leaning into, rather than away from the absurdity.

The sad Brachiosaurus is a highlight for sure. He just stands there on the end of the dock for no other reason so that we can watch Chris Pratt dish out some swarthy man sadness while he watches his buddy just stand there and get rocked by smoke and molten lava. What the hell are you doing, bro? Get out of there!

Brachiosaurus knows he should probably try swimming or running. Nope, fuck that, I'm gonna hold the line for my boy. Our roguish hero furrows his brow with strengthened resolve. He knows what he must do. He makes a silent promise to avenge his dinosaur bro.

It's supposed to be a heavy emotional moment, but it's so cheesy and contrived that laughter felt like a more appropriate response. When it got real quiet after, I heard a few quiet sniffles. Who is crying at this? I really wanted to see what they looked like, but I restrained myself. Don't worry. I silently judged the hell out of them.

About halfway through, I leaned over to my friend and asked her if she thought they would manage to do something dumber than the talking raptor in JP 3. Then they introduced the gun...which you aim...with a laser...onto a target...to mark it...which triggers a dinosaur...to go kill said target. My friend looked super confused and said, "why the fuck wouldn't you just use a bullet? You're holding a scoped rifle."

My reaction:

Honorable Mentions:

People buying literal dinosaurs for like $8 million USD when there are professional athletes who make like 4x that in a season.

You didn't enjoy how the last 30 minutes suddenly turned into a horror film for no reason whatsoever?

At the 25 minute mark or so, my friend called the twist with the little girl being part dinosaur or something. We got super excited when it actually happened.

Sad Brachiosaurus just reminded me of the scene in the first JW where Blue is hurt and she's got this giant-ass CGI human-looking tear that rolls slowly out of her eye.

So yeah, I enjoyed it, albeit for all the wrong reasons. I will probably watch the next one and cheer for the dinos to have some kind of Planet of the Apes-esque uprising and then start murdering the humans. I honestly would not be surprised in the least if that's the route they take.
Favourite movies I saw last year where

The Greatest showman
Avengers infinity war
Peter Rabbit
A star is born

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

I just saw "A Star is Born." I'd add that to my list.

Also Galveston.

You might need a Zoloft after watching that one though.
Widows will probably make my list as well.