last reply
102 replies
8.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Thylacines, a marsupial carnivore that is probably extinct though there are occasional reports to the contrary, are sometimes called Tasmanian wolves (or Tasmanian tigers) so perhaps a reference to that?

Look at the big brain on Ape Boy. Well done, my friend. Love the science.

I gotta agree. That damn Wolf Creek was pretty scary.

But Jaws is still King of Scare for me.

Blair Witch Project was a different scare, but ranks up there too.

A Quiet Place was a terrific movie. I don't think they needed to do a sequel, but it's coming.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by MollyDoll

I would like to add to the list of you must-watch:
Hush (on the line of horror/thriller)

LJ nearly tore off my arm she was holding on so tightly during this. Good movie.
0 likes
Quote by Ping

But Jaws is still King of Scare for me.

What makes Jaws great isn't just the scares. Three great performances (from Scheider, Dreyfuss, and Shaw). Spielberg in fine form behind the camera. A great story well-told. And that's why it stands high above all the other shark movies that have come since, including its own sequels: It transcends "horror movie" or "shark movie" and is just an all-round great piece of cinema.

Too bad it gave great whites an image problem that they are still trying to shake. One of the most magnificent beasts in the sea, IMHO. So what if they chew off a leg now and then? At least Megalodon is extinct (yes, really). If they were still about, we'd really have something to worry about.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4

What makes Jaws great isn't just the scares. Three great performances (from Scheider, Dreyfuss, and Shaw). Spielberg in fine form behind the camera. A great story well-told. And that's why it stands high above all the other shark movies that have come since, including its own sequels: It transcends "horror movie" or "shark movie" and is just an all-round great piece of cinema.

Too bad it gave great whites an image problem that they are still trying to shake. One of the most magnificent beasts in the sea, IMHO. So what if they chew off a leg now and then? At least Megalodon is extinct (yes, really). If they were still about, we'd really have something to worry about.

And in reality, Orca's kill Great White's for their massive liver. Turn them over and place them in that catatonic state, but like Rump does when we've had too much to drink. Turns us over at the bar and pulls our wallet to pay for our tab. Not much different, really. Orca's also play with seals, tossing them in the air, prolonging their ultimate, horrific death when two or more grab hold and tug. ugh. I actually know of someone who was killed by an Orca. Yes, in captivity.

Transcends is the absolute correct word. Jaws created the summer blockbuster.

That stupid Meg movie. Nuff said.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seven, Psycho and Young Frankenstein
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
night of the living dead - the scene where the mother is attacked by her infected daughter but cannot fight her off because she is her daughter
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love the classics like Frankenstein, The Island of Lost Souls, The Mummy, etc. they always ask the question, "Who is really the monster". Also I like all the old Christopher Lee and Vincent Price movies. In the more modern stuff Alien is one of the greatest movies ever. Watching a good George Romaro style zombie movie is a great way to spend the evening.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Horror films, particularly ones from the 80's where they were filmed at night time. I'm sure that's why I have a fascination with the night.

Anyway, in no particular order some real belters would be The Thing, Prince of Darkness (such a good concept), The Changeling (George C Scott), Dawn of the Dead remake, Life (space one), the first Paranormal activity and Sinister.
Lurker
0 likes
Nightmare on Elm street
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Ring (Ringu, 1998. Not the American 'The Ring')
Juon: The Grudge
Normal Adjacent
0 likes
Quote by Algren1
I love Horror films, particularly ones from the 80's where they were filmed at night time. I'm sure that's why I have a fascination with the night.

Anyway, in no particular order some real belters would be The Thing, Prince of Darkness (such a good concept), The Changeling (George C Scott), Dawn of the Dead remake, Life (space one), the first Paranormal activity and Sinister.

I recently rewatched The Changeling. I love George C. Scott, I like a lot of older horror films.

Demon Seed with Julie Christie
Legend of Hell House
The Haunting 1963 version
Village of the Damned 1960 version
An American Haunting with Sissy Spacek
The Night Stalker
Anything starring Vincent Price