Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

91st Academy Awards 2019: Who Should Win, Who Will Win?

last reply
32 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Just my opinions and guesses on 8 of the categories. My opinions may change but I'm not apologising for any of them.

[COLOR=Blue]Best Supporting Actor[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Mahershala Ali, Green Book
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Mahershala Ali, Green Book

[COLOR=Blue]Best Supporting Actress[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Emma Stone, The Favourite
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk

[COLOR=Blue]Best Adapted Screenplay[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] BlacKkKlansman
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Can You Ever Forgive Me?

[COLOR=Blue]Best Original Screenplay[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] The Favourite
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] First Reformed

[COLOR=Blue]Best Director[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Spike Lee, BlacKkKlansman
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Alfonso Cuarón, Roma

[COLOR=Blue]Best Actor[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody

[COLOR=Blue]Best Actress[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Glenn Close, The Wife

[COLOR=Blue]Best Picture[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Roma

Anyone care to chime in?
Into the Spiderverse better win something! Did it even get nominated for anything?

I haven't seen many of these movies. A Star is Born is deserving, and Gaga is amazing in it, and I hope she wins. I really enjoyed Emma Stone in The Favorite too.
Quote by Verbal
Into the Spiderverse better win something! Did it even get nominated for anything?

I haven't seen many of these movies. A Star is Born is deserving, and Gaga is amazing in it, and I hope she wins. I really enjoyed Emma Stone in The Favorite too.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse got nominated for Best Animated Feature. It got awarded by the Producers Guild of America, Critics' Choice, the New York Film Critics Circle, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, and BAFTA. I'd say it's a lock for the Oscar.
I think Mahershala Ali will win an Emmy too for True Detective (season 3), the same as Matthew McConaughey in his two-fer season.

Rami Malek was Freddy Mercury, and I liked the movie, but both he and it were missing something. I think it's because there was soooo much that could have been included in the movie, that it didn't resonate with me as much as it could have. Both his character, and the movie, felt like someone was flipping through a book, stopped on a page, acted that page, flipped again, stopped, acted, etc. The transitions were not as smooth as they should have been. However, I do hope he wins because I've loved him since the first season of Mr. Robot, when he won his Emmy. A side note: the first time I saw Rami, he reminded me of Willem Dafoe. I'd love to see them do something together - life father/son, age-gapped brothers, or something Looperish. Maybe time travel over several generations. Willem is awesome. Always.

I just couldn't finish Roma, so it'll probably win. However, that whole small screen/big screen argument may still factor with the old guard on the Academy. It should win, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't. That could be the Academy's last FU to Netflix and the others that don't go big screen, but stay home.

I'd love to see Ga Ga win. Something Madonna couldn't even come close to doing. Since LGG's name is derived from Freddy Mercury's crowd-including chant on Radio Ga Ga, why not have her and Rami win. Cool synergy.

I'd also love to see BlacKkKlansman win. And Spike Lee. So much energy behind those two victories. Love to see both.

Best song and most other stuff? Don't really care.
Quote by Verbal

I think it did get nominated for best Animated Feature and I think it should and will win.
Quote by Magical_felix

I think it did get nominated for best Animated Feature and I think it should and will win.

Cool. I was hoping for best screenplay or best picture (it was my fave movie of the year), but any port in a storm.
Black Panther for best picture. Any other choice is an outrage.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by Verbal

Cool. I was hoping for best screenplay or best picture (it was my fave movie of the year), but any port in a storm.

Quote by weirdo
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse got nominated for Best Animated Feature. It got awarded by the Producers Guild of America, Critics' Choice, the New York Film Critics Circle, the Los Angeles Film Critics Association, and BAFTA. I'd say it's a lock for the Oscar.
Quote by sprite

No.
Quote by Magical_felix

No.

That does it. BLOOD FEUD!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by sprite

That does it. BLOOD FEUD!

Your movie IQ is below me. Good luck Adam Sandler fan.
Quote by Magical_felix

Your movie IQ is below me. Good luck Adam Sandler fan.

actually, i loathe Adam Sandler. Will Ferrell too. I refuse to see any films they are in. What film do YOU think should win, Mr Movie IQ?

Quote by Verbal

but any port in a storm.

Don't be gross, verbal.
Quote by sprite

actually, i loathe Adam Sandler. Will Ferrell too. I refuse to see any films they are in. What film do YOU think should win, Mr Movie IQ?

You don't like Walk Hard? God... you're the worst.

I think Green Book should win, but it won't. I think A Star is Born was crwod pleasing enough to win. BlackkKlansman would be like giving Spike a lifetime achievement award I guess, it just wasn't that good, and the message at the end with the car in the crowd had nothing to do with anything, just weird. The movie was enjoyable but forgettable amongst his oeuvre. Black Panther isn't even in the top ten marvel movies, please. Bohemian rhapsody... weak, good performance, average movie, like Gangs of NY but way weaker. Vice, the same. Roma, boring. Didn't see Your Favorite.
Quote by Magical_felix

You don't like Walk Hard? God... you're the worst.

I think Green Book should win, but it won't. I think A Star is Born was crwod pleasing enough to win. BlackkKlansman would be like giving Spike a lifetime achievement award I guess, it just wasn't that good, and the message at the end with the car in the crowd had nothing to do with anything, just weird. The movie was enjoyable but forgettable amongst his oeuvre. Black Panther isn't even in the top ten marvel movies, please. Bohemian rhapsody... weak, good performance, average movie, like Gangs of NY but way weaker. Vice, the same. Roma, boring. Didn't see Your Favorite.

Umm... Mr Movie IQ? Neither of them were in Walk Hard. John C. Riley, dude.

A serious answer. I loved the Favorite, but it's too quirky to win and i think the ending works against it. Green Book is two amazing actors giving amazing performances in an amazing movie. Agree with you about Blackkklansman and While i really enjoyed Rapsody, it doesn't really even deserve the nomination. Rami was brilliant, but yeah, not a contender. Glad i'm not the only one that thought Roma was boring. Vice was kind of weird... love to see BP win, but i think Green Book deserves it more.

Quote by sprite

Umm... Mr Movie IQ? Neither of them were in Walk Hard. John C. Riley, dude.

That was a test, obviously!

And it looks like we agree on the rest.
Quote by sprite

You and I are kindred spirits, good sir.
Quote by sprite

Umm... Mr Movie IQ? Neither of them were in Walk Hard. John C. Reilly, dude.

A serious answer. I loved the Favorite, but it's too quirky to win and i think the ending works against it. Green Book is two amazing actors giving amazing performances in an amazing movie. Agree with you about Blackkklansman and While i really enjoyed Rhapsody, it doesn't really even deserve the nomination. Rami was brilliant, but yeah, not a contender. Glad i'm not the only one that thought Roma was boring. Vice was kind of weird... love to see BP win, but i think Green Book deserves it more.
It took me 4 1/2 days to get through that movie.
Quote by Magical_felix

That was a test, obviously!

And it looks like we agree on the rest.
You say that now.
Quote by sprite

Glad to see you were joking about this. I hated it. All the hype being jambed down our throats. Saying anything negative and one fears being called a racist. There are a few movies that should not have been nominated, and it is one of them. Sooo tired of Marvel and Star Wars.

I think Three Billboards should win. It should have been nominated again.
A Star is Born is old school Hollywood moviemaking at its best, and Gaga is so authentic in that role. The grocery store parking lot scene where she sings for him alone is worth the price of admission. And Sam Eliot! And Dave Chapelle! I haven't seen to many of the other movies, but this is the kind of movie that deserves a sweep.
Quote by Verbal
A Star is Born is old school Hollywood moviemaking at its best, and Gaga is so authentic in that role. The grocery store parking lot scene where she sings for him alone is worth the price of admission. And Sam Eliot! And Dave Chapelle! I haven't seen to many of the other movies, but this is the kind of movie that deserves a sweep.

I agree and disagree with you.

The first hour of ASIB was great. Real tears. Contrary to my tongue-in-cheek comp story, I love their moment and the romance. But I hated the second hourish. Cooper had an opportunity to improve this story, seeing he was the fourth guy to do this movie. He shouldn’t win for best actor, but I loved his character in the first hour. He wasn’t nominated for director for a reason - the lacklustre second hour. Sam Elliot needed more screen time to win. The scene in the truck, after he dropped off Brad, after rehab, when he turned to the camera as he backed up, was very moving. Chapelle was fun. Lady GG and the song should win. No brooms required this year.

But I could be wrong.
Quote by weirdo
Just my opinions and guesses on 8 of the categories. My opinions may change but I'm not apologising for any of them.

[COLOR=Blue]Best Supporting Actor[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Mahershala Ali, Green Book
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Mahershala Ali, Green Book

[COLOR=Blue]Best Supporting Actress[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Emma Stone, The Favourite
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Regina King, If Beale Street Could Talk

[COLOR=Blue]Best Adapted Screenplay[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Can You Ever Forgive Me?

[COLOR=Blue]Best Original Screenplay[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] The Favourite
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] First Reformed

[COLOR=Blue]Best Director[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Spike Lee, BlacKkKlansman
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Alfonso Cuarón, Roma

[COLOR=Blue]Best Actor[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody

[COLOR=Blue]Best Actress[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green]Should Win[/COLOR] Lady Gaga, A Star Is Born
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Glenn Close, The Wife

[COLOR=Blue]Best Picture[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]Will Win[/COLOR] Roma

Anyone care to chime in?

I agree with all your pics as to who will win. I have some issues with your "should win picks."

I think spiderverse will win best animated. Gaga will win best song. Spike Lee will win best screenplay, especially if he doesn't get best director. The favourite should get best original screenplay.

Glenn Close should definitely win and will win. Gaga fucked over her chances by the way she's acted in the last 6 months.

Black Panther should not even be in the conversation for any of these. Everytime I hear someone try to sell Black Panther, they never bring up how good the movie is... they always bring up the "social implications." It's a mediocre super hero movie. And it doesn't even come close to Logan, Infinity War or Deadpool when it comes to comic movies.

I'm also curious to see if Roma will win. There are a lot of "old Hollywood" types that still see Netflix as a subpar TV service which is bullshit.

I agree with Mr Rogers.

"You Were Never Really Here" was one of the best films of the year."

This is't the most interesting Oscars, but it will be a harbinger for the future of movies. There are 30% new academy members that don't share the old views of the stodgy Hollywood mainstays.

I'll put my final picks in tomorrow. I'll try and beat my last years record. I only missed out on best picture.
Sorry to Bother You should have been nominated and won Best Original Screenplay.

It wasn’t so I don’t care much about this award season.
Mind the Gap needs to win for best full length documentary. amazing film.

I didn't watch, but I just got the results.

I loved the Favourite, and I thought it should have won best original screenplay. But I thought Glenn Close deserved best actress (and not simply because she's been nominated 7 times).

The Wife was such an understated role. Coleman's role was a dream. it's easy to make that palatable to voters.

I'm happy with Green Book. It was a good movie.

I still dislike all the wins that Black Panther got.
I'm so glad Colman got one. She's my favourite actress.
Quote by StephTaylor
I'm so glad Colman got one. She's my favourite actress.

She's REALLY funny in it, and I enjoyed the movie immensely, but I just didn't see it worthy of the award. Despite the period trappings, there wasn't a whole lot there.

I just watched her speech on Youtube - it was pretty charming.
Quote by DamonX

I still dislike all the wins that Black Panther got.

We were lucky enough to see he Marvel exhibit at MoPop in Seattle while it was here - they had tons of costumes from the movies, including several from BP. what you see on screen is gorgeous, but it does not do what they look like close up justice. the detail is amazing - the beadwork is mind blowing. breathtakingly beautiful. The award for costuming was earned.