Login

Girl in work.

last reply
3 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
Hi, There's this girl where I work that is absolutely beautiful. As in out of my league. She works in a different area so we don't get a chance to talk much. But when we talk our personalities click. We have the a lot of similar interests. I really want to ask her out for a meal or drinks where we can really sit down and have a proper conversation but I'm lacking the confidence to do so. I'm afraid that she'll say no. I've tried a few times but chickened out! Any Advice on what to do? Can't stop thinking about her.

Thanks smile
Lurker
Rejection is tuff but...nothing ventured, nothing gained so, give it a try.
Lurker
My advice is keep yourself in the friend zone. If you don't have the confidence and balls to ask her out, then you're right she is and will remain out of your league because you won't be man enough for her. Either stop being such a mopey cow or resign yourself to it.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by Hommemix
Hi, There's this girl where I work that is absolutely beautiful. As in out of my league. She works in a different area so we don't get a chance to talk much. But when we talk our personalities click. We have the a lot of similar interests. I really want to ask her out for a meal or drinks where we can really sit down and have a proper conversation but I'm lacking the confidence to do so. I'm afraid that she'll say no. I've tried a few times but chickened out! Any Advice on what to do? Can't stop thinking about her.

Thanks smile

So you know your role, that's half the battle, Mixmaster!

Sure, you're shy, you're not gorgeous like she is, and you've identified that you're just further down the dating food chain. Fair enough. But let me ask you:

Do you have a big cock?

I kid around, Mr. Mix. But let's get serious now. First of all, I do take at face value when you say she's out of your league. Yourmisterdark was brief and eloquent (and needs to send me a friend request, stat ;) ), and within three sentences raises a salient point. If you think she's out of your league, then she's out of your league. Period, end of story.

You see, this whole "we're all beautiful and we're all alphas in our own special way" is just bunk. It does more harm than good if you ask me (and clearly, you've asked me). This is not to say people should think less of themselves, or not be ambitious, but the pragmatics of this tell me that you'll never get over that "I'm not worthy" vibe with this young lady.

So my advice today is tough love: get over it. Be her buddy, hang out, and that way you can just be 'you', which she seems to enjoy very much.

And since every girl-hunting male should always be looking for an angle, here's what Hommemix can get out of it, if you play your cards right: the less superficially beautiful closeted wild-girl friend of hers, just waiting for somebody to help her unleash it. I'm serious, by the way. Nobody gets more personal endorsements for dates than a girl's non-creepy hetero male friend. She will want to see you happy, because she sees your good points, even if you both recognize that the two of you weren't an ideal fit.

So here are your three takeaways:

1) Stop stressing and let go of your longing.
2) Be her non-creepy guy friend. And if all goes well
3) Find a good match within her (hopefully sizeable) network.