last reply
12 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
The guy sounds like he doesn't want to go. LOL good one Chef
Matriarch
I don't think that would be seen as a good enough excuse. There are far easier ways to get out of jury duty
Active Ink Slinger
I can sympathise with his sentiment of this statement. A Jury turn the whole trial into a circus where lawyers are playing a role to convince the jury to vote their way. Justice is supposed to be blind, bur with a jury the more more money you have the better actor (sorry lawyer) you can hire and the more chance you have to get off.
Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you.
Lurker
True in many ways.
Lurker
i thought it was pretty damn funny until i looked closer and saw that this guy is from....

MONTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

g

Lurker
Is that you Groucho?
Lurker
nope. i answered in this way.

i could not possibly take time away from my full time hobby to serve on jury duty. interestingly enough my hobby is a letter writting campaign to establish Old Testament Levitical Law in the USA. Then the need for juries would be obsolete. For example if someone is caught shoplifting and there are two witnesses who corroborate the crime the case is closed - the person is guilty! as for the sentencing, again no jury needed as the Levitical law dictates the punishment is to have a hand cut off! It would also do wonders for the horrible problem in our society with the institution of marriage. According to Levitical Law when anyone is caught in the act of adultry (two wittness rule still applying) either or both are to be stoned to death. that would make anyone think twice about plowing a furrow in another field! true there are many crimes today not even imagined 5,000 years ago but i am confident that the righteous elders (all male of course) would be able to cast lots to determine the will of the almighty in such cases. thank you for considering me and look for my follow-up mailings encouraging your county and our sovereign state to return our judicial system to a time of holy writ.

groucho

Advanced Wordsmith
"i'd rather count the wrinkles on my dog's balls..." I wonder if this is a quintessential Limbaugh ditto head, or is he just really, really antisocial.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by groucho
nope. i answered in this way.

i could not possibly take time away from my full time hobby to serve on jury duty. interestingly enough my hobby is a letter writting campaign to establish Old Testament Levitical Law in the USA. Then the need for juries would be obsolete. For example if someone is caught shoplifting and there are two witnesses who corroborate the crime the case is closed - the person is guilty! as for the sentencing, again no jury needed as the Levitical law dictates the punishment is to have a hand cut off! It would also do wonders for the horrible problem in our society with the institution of marriage. According to Levitical Law when anyone is caught in the act of adultry (two wittness rule still applying) either or both are to be stoned to death. that would make anyone think twice about plowing a furrow in another field! true there are many crimes today not even imagined 5,000 years ago but i am confident that the righteous elders (all male of course) would be able to cast lots to determine the will of the almighty in such cases. thank you for considering me and look for my follow-up mailings encouraging your county and our sovereign state to return our judicial system to a time of holy writ.

groucho

nobody is going to read this because it is too long.............LOL