Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Did I condemn my first story to verification purgatory?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
The mods tried to help me. Multiple mods, multiple times. I can look at it in "Not Verified" mode and see a few mistakes I overlooked yet again. But they are trapped in there! I can't reach them! Did I get put in a stasis mode for not proof-reading well? Or am I just impatient? It's only been 3 days but I have a horrible feeling that I broke something, and am already marked for lush-death.
I'm really getting sick of auto-correct's shirt.
Ermm, marking for "lush-death" isn't a thing here. One, make sure that you've followed, to the best of your ability, the story mod/verifier's suggestions prior to resubmitting. Two, give it a couple of days before resubmitting. Look at the story again before submitting. Look for simple errors--punctuation, spelling--and again, check that you've incorporated the story mod/verifier's suggestions to the best of your ability.

A suggestion--purchase a Gold or Platinum membership. Gold and Platinum members receive priority in the queue--the stories waiting to be verified, which right now is pretty long, due to the competition.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

Advanced Wordsmith
Thanks! I will be more patient. No lush death makes me happy.
Besides all of HeraTeleia's excellent advice, for non-comp stories, there's no harm in posting in Writer's Resources for someone to take a look at it or to act as an editor. Another pair of eyes sometimes sees things you're missing or can help with some general coaching. I've helped new writers in the past but don't have time these days (barely have time to do much writing).
Advanced Wordsmith
Thanks seeker. I'm amazed at how many details I've missed when I view changes. It's humbling to say the least. It gives me alot of insight and respect for the editors of the world. Can't be easy to proofread and edit a novel.