Login

Sudden Lush Email?

last reply
11 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
Hiya. I presume you're still working on the April 1st verification stuff, but I've suddenly got an email from you. My settings are set to no emails, and I don't recognise the weird logo. To unsubscribe from getting the emails, it appears to be forcing me to enter information I don't want to for my profile. Is this part of the new legislation process we'll have to go through, or just a new update that's slipped through the net? Can I unsubscribe without having to give more info than I already have?

Happy Saturday!

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Primus Omnium
Quote by Shylass
Hiya. I presume you're still working on the April 1st verification stuff, but I've suddenly got an email from you. My settings are set to no emails, and I don't recognise the weird logo. To unsubscribe from getting the emails, it appears to be forcing me to enter information I don't want to for my profile. Is this part of the new legislation process we'll have to go through, or just a new update that's slipped through the net? Can I unsubscribe without having to give more info than I already have?

Happy Saturday!

Hi Daisy, Larry here.

I am not an expert, nor do I work with Lush, but looks very much like a scam from someone who has obtained your emal info and are phishing for information. Please don't click on anything in this email without some good advice from the admins or mods here on Lush.
Quote by Shylass

Happy Saturday!

Did you sign up for the new mobile site, Shylass? That looks like its logo at the top.
Gingerbread Lover
Quote by Green_Man

Hi Daisy, Larry here.

I am not an expert, nor do I work with Lush, but looks very much like a scam from someone who has obtained your emal info and are phishing for information. Please don't click on anything in this email without some good advice from the admins or mods here on Lush.

Aaaargh! I usually trust the Lush logo, and clicked without thinking, which led me to an immediate page of details like birth date, relationship, height, etc. I hope it's genuine!

Quote by seeker4

Did you sign up for the new mobile site, Shylass? That looks like its logo at the top.

No, not at all. I'm a creature of habit and prefer desktop format on most things where I can. I don't even use that annoying quick log-in box at the upper left. I go to the main log-in page every time.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Site administrator
You are not alone in this. I also got that mailshot. Its related to the new mobile site.
Matriarch
Hi Daisy,

It's not a scam.

When all the accounts on the desktop site were ported into the mobile platform, I believe the email subscription settings weren't set to "none" by default (our partners who are testing out the new mobile platform for us want to encourage people using it of course). Quite a few people are a little confused, as we've never really used email marketing on the desktop side of things.

The mobile site is set up in such a way they try to encourage members to enter details about themselves, so you're more likely to find people you might like to befriend - to encourage social interaction across the site.

You can log in with your desktop UN / PW and turn off the emails in the settings. You might have to enter any old info into the other sections first, fake or otherwise!

Sorry for the inconvenience! These kind of things happen when running 2 versions of the same site, one for desktop users and one for mobile.

Nicola x
Quote by nicola
Hi Daisy,

It's not a scam.

When all the accounts on the desktop site were ported into the mobile platform, I believe the email subscription settings weren't set to "none" by default (our partners who are testing out the new mobile platform for us want to encourage people using it of course). Quite a few people are a little confused, as we've never really used email marketing on the desktop side of things.

The mobile site is set up in such a way they try to encourage members to enter details about themselves, so you're more likely to find people you might like to befriend - to encourage social interaction across the site.

You can log in with your desktop UN / PW and turn off the emails in the settings. You might have to enter any old info into the other sections first, fake or otherwise!

Sorry for the inconvenience! These kind of things happen when running 2 versions of the same site, one for desktop users and one for mobile.

Nicola x

Thanks, Nic. I expected as much. I didn't get but I spent time on the mobile site when it first spun up and did put up a modicum of a profile before I gave up.

Question: there's an option on the mobile site to cancel your account? Does that only remove it from mobile (which I want) or would it trigger a delete here (which I do not)?
Matriarch
Quote by seeker4

Question: there's an option on the mobile site to cancel your account? Does that only remove it from mobile (which I want) or would it trigger a delete here (which I do not)?

Hi,

It should only remove your account from desktop, but please don't do it until we're 100% sure!

I'll ask Gav to take a look. I am fairly certain it won't delete your desktop account as it was more of an import process and hasn't been fully synchronised yet.

Nic
Gingerbread Lover
Quote by nicola
Hi Daisy,

It's not a scam.

Nicola x

Ye gods, not social interaction! Anybody would think that's what Lush is for...

Thank you for the reply. If I'm forced to enter those details, will I be able to hide them? They'll definitely be fake if not.

Edit: If I set the marketing emails to spam, will that be detrimental to Lush, or just bung them in the spam folder and that's it? Sorry for being pooter illiterate.

Quote by nicola

Hi,

It should only remove your account from desktop, but please don't do it until we're 100% sure!

I'll ask Gav to take a look. I am fairly certain it won't delete your desktop account as it was more of an import process and hasn't been fully synchronised yet.

Nic

That's fine. i'm not yet totally sure i'll do it. I was just find the mobile pretty quiet for what I like (forums). Chatting isn't really my thing and that seemed to be the most active area.
Code Monkey
Quote by nicola

Hi,

Nic

At present a delete on either site will not trigger a delete on the other.
Saucy Little Minx ♥️
Quote by gav

At present a delete on either site will not trigger a delete on the other.

Gav, can you tell me how to delete it? Thx B