Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Story approval and posting

last reply
12 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
How long does it typically take for a story to be approved and posted for a non- Gold member?
Clumeleon
Hi Linh,

Depending on how busy the queue is, and the availability of our moderators, it can take up to a week, although we aim for less.

It really is one of the biggest perks of Gold membership, as those are usually verified within one or two days.

Hope this helps. Feel free to send a message if you have any follow-up questions.

Clum (Story Moderator)
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by LinhCutiePie
How long does it typically take for a story to be approved and posted for a non- Gold member?

Hi Linh,
My experience is along the lines of what Clum said. I'm a lowly Bronze member, and the stories I've posted usually take five days or so to get approved. A conversation I had with a particularly friendly moderator revealed that other factors go into the moderation time. In the pool of mods, there are some who choose not moderate particular categories because they don't like such content. Also, just guessing, but the length of the story may be a factor, too. I would imagine a 7,000 word BDSM story would take longer to approve than a 700 word Straight story because of the number of moderators who would handle each category and the sheer time it takes to edit for grammar and spelling and such.
I maaaay have waited a week back around the first of the year when volume was heavy, but even my stories, which tend to be long and detailed (3000-6000 words or more), are usually approved within five days or so.
If you're like me, the wait is sooo worth it. The mods who have handled mine invariably correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which prevents readers from thinking I'm a doofus, and it's a thrill to see what you've written actually in publication, especially when comments start affirming that your fantasies or experiences resonate with others.
Welcome to Lush! In reading your profile, I'll keep an eye on you (in a totally non-creepy way, of course!) to read your story, and any that follow, since your stuff seems right up my alley. smile

While playing pool, never underestimate the importance of The Break! My friend Alicia came over for a friendly game, and her killer break turned me on so much I just had to take her right there on the pool table!

Active Ink Slinger
I'm reading a lot of stories and I noticed that gold members, yes, have their stories published quickly, but there are several typos, so I prefer mine taking longer but with less typos!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Testing The Waters.
Quote by WiseGinger
I'm reading a lot of stories and I noticed that gold members, yes, have their stories published quickly, but there are several typos, so I prefer mine taking longer but with less typos!

If there are typos getting through, that shouldn't be due to Gold's expediated approval. That simply means that they get priority in the queue. Each submission should be getting the same level of scrutiny, regardless of where it falls in the queue.
Her Royal Spriteness
Quote by WiseGinger

we go our best to clean up stories, but in the long run, stories should be sent in with as few typoes, etc, as possible. that's on the author, not the mods. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Quote by sprite

we go our best to clean up stories, but in the long run, stories should be sent in with as few typoes, etc, as possible. that's on the author, not the mods. smile

This. Submit your story or poem in proper format, with proper spelling and grammar, and check, check, check it again and again before submission. If English is not your natural language, as with myself, get an APA style manual and a Whatever-English dictionary and Whatever-English grammar book, and try not to use idioms--they don't translate well in Google translate, even in super common languages like French and Spanish and Arabic. Feel free to reach out to any moderator and ask about English weirdnesses; odds are, with all of us spread worldwide, one of us will at least have a passing familiarity with your natural language.

Finally, if the story or poem is rejected, don't waste energy on berating the moderator--there will be a note attached to the rejection written by that moderator, and you would do well to read it and make the suggested corrections or changes. We are here to help, and telling us that we're just being mean or don't know a good story or poem when we see it is only going to slow the process and decrease the amount of help the moderator is going to give--we just don't have the bandwidth.*

*please note that I am not a story moderator, because reasons.
Want to spend some time wallowing in a Recommended Read? Pick one! Or two! Or seven!

The Linebacker
Find a friend who is good in English grammar and form a partnership where you proofread each other's stories before submitting. You'll be surprised at the typos and things that you don't catch when proofing your own work. Once you've gone through a thorough proofing/editing process, then submit your story. In general that will help with approval times, many times having your story approved on first submission.
What if your story seems to be taking an extra long time? It has been nine days since i submitted my latest chapter. The first 2 took about 6 or 7 days to post. Should i be patient? I do know because i was told by a moderator, that when there is a writing competition active like there is now, that those stories get first priority.
Site administrator
Quote by LinhCutiePie
What if your story seems to be taking an extra long time? It has been nine days since i submitted my latest chapter. The first 2 took about 6 or 7 days to post. Should i be patient? I do know because i was told by a moderator, that when there is a writing competition active like there is now, that those stories get first priority.

Please see this thread which I hope helps:

https://forum.lushstories.com/yaf_postst59370_Story-Verification-Times.aspx

The last 4 (sort of) posts are relevant.
Smut-slinging slut
Lihn,
For whatever it may be worth i am a gold member and my latest work has been in Lush-Limbo for 3 days now. I see that the moderators are viewing it because the views go up every day, but it hasn't been returned or accepted as of yet. From what I gather the moderators are a bit overwhelmed and many of them are taking some time off. Have faith, though. I know how it goes; the waiting game part only further reveals to me that i need to work on my patience. I look forward to reading your work.
Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide