Login

Guys using girls pictures

last reply
20 replies
2.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
Apologies if this topic has already been talked about....

But.. Does it annoy anyone else that guys use girls pictures as their profile pictures? I don't mean CD.. Although some of those have caught me out as well.. Straight males using girls pictures.. Is it just to get more profile views? Whatever the reason I wish they wouldn't.. Anyway rant over...
Head Nurse
nope, doesnt matter to me at all. I dont use myself as my avatar, and I see no reason why someone else should have to either. I choose something that represents me, and if what represents you is a give in strawberry short cake pants? who am I to judge. I see people that post because its something they like, they want they love or wish to have.
Advanced Wordsmith
I'm not saying they should use themselves... Just wish they wouldn't use a girl as their profile pic..
Rainbow Warrior
I administrate a social site that requires everyone to use their real photo as their avatar, but its a closed site on a private server which makes it safer for members to do that. Its taken me awhile to get used to the avatars here not even remotely equaling the profilee (usually!)
Senior Analyst
Quote by Ryan1986
I'm not saying they should use themselves... Just wish they wouldn't use a girl as their profile pic..

I'm using Lisbeth Salander -- The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo -- because she is completely bad-ass, extremely intelligent, and good looking in makeup or without it. I make no pretense of being either female or gay, as anyone who looks can see. So what's wrong with that?

Originally posted when my avatar was female.
Advanced Wordsmith
Fair point.. Nothing wrong with your pic.. It's the ones who pretend to be the girls on their profile pic.. Or lead us to believe they are the girls in their profile pic.. E.g cutting off their heads and showing their boobs etc..
Senior Analyst
Quote by Ryan1986
Fair point.. Nothing wrong with your pic.. It's the ones who pretend to be the girls on their profile pic.. Or lead us to believe they are the girls in their profile pic.. E.g cutting off their heads and showing their boobs etc..

Sure, I know what you mean, but the falseness applies whether the person using someone else's torso is male or female or CD or trans. My pic is fictional, and hopefully everyone seeing it knows that. If I posted a cute girl from Tumblr for my avatar and let you think it was really me, then you'd have a point -- same as if I was a 45 year old woman using the avatar of a 22 year old girl. (Or a fat 50 yo man using the six pack of some young hunk.)

Originally posted when my avatar was female.
Active Ink Slinger
Anything is better than the red anonymous avatar.
Other than that it doesn't bother me. I have male and female friends. Gay, lesbian, heterosexual, bisexual, crossdresser and bi curious as friends. It's the person that counts not the avatar.
Lurker
I don't get it...but I don't judge, either. I just feel sorry for those poor guys/girls who get fooled into thinking that they're talking to a gender that they aren't. My avatar isn't me...but I'm a guy and my avatar is a guy.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
It doesn't bother me...or annoy me...I don't even question it.

I use pictures I like as my avatar. Others do the same.

Sometimes it's for attention. Sometimes it's because they feel like it. It's no big deal.

If we're speaking in terms of preference, I'd rather befriend a guy with a female as his avatar than someone with an obviously fake avatar saying things like, 'My avatar is me.'

But that's just me.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
Doesn't bother me or annoy me, I always read the profiles of members fully before contacting or friending anyway.

The only thing similar that DOES annoy me is when male or female use a photo which blatantly is NOT them and then write in the caption 'me doing ...' Or 'me in the bath' for example. No, it's not you! It's a copy/paste from a website you dick! lol.

As for guys using female pics or people using pics that just aren't them (but not trying to pass them off as them) doesn't bother me at all

Edit - basically what Dani said above, just read her post!
Lurker
What I see on Lush is that it is a place for people to play, to fantasize, to chat, to write, to do what they like and often times it is an escape from their normal day to day life. I think if you come into this site knowing that you never really know if who you are talking to is who they appear to be, and enjoy it for what it is, then your expectations are not overblown. If people are looking to hook up with others here for a real relationship, then they need to do some investigation before jumping from fantasy to reality!

I don't post my face here because I am showing other parts, and I am older and have a fairly conservative family. As the Lush site is a place that I can safely write and talk about my inner desires and dreams, the last thing I want is to see pictures of me posted around and my family or close friends reading my stories. This is where I let my inner beast go wild!

For all I know, everyone I chat or befriend here is a 70 year old guy in prison. Or, they could be 15 year old horny kids. Or, they could be exactly who they say they are. I think you can figure things out pretty quickly when you chat with people. For me, I love meeting all kinds and chatting about many different things.

Enjoy the site for what it is, or even for what you think it is!
Lurker
I really don't get it and it shits me to no end serious why
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
Doesn't bother me, and people can identify however they want. But if it's just a straight guy using a pic of a hot girl, it is confusing. I don't think they realize everyone assumes they are a girl when they do that.

But I once used a picture of the moon, when I first joined, and quite a few people thought I was a girl, so who knows?
Advanced Wordsmith
Not being interested in anything remotely sexual (with other people) I don't care
Newest Story: [Url=https://]After Prom (Change Comp)[/URL]
Advanced Wordsmith
First off, I stopped showing my face on here quite early because I am now in this avatar showing my nude body after my shower, and having a fairly conservative family. As Lush is a place that I can safely write, talk about my inner desires, dreams, so the last thing I need or want right now is to see my face in a picture posted all around so my family, close friends who might read any of my stories knows who wrote them.

Here is a place where I can let myself run wild and free!

From what I've seen here on Lush it’s a place for people to fantasize, play, write, do what they like and often times it’s an escape from an otherwise dull existence or reality. I do think though if you come here knowing that you really never know for sure who you are talking with or even who they appear to be and enjoy it for what it really is, then all your expectations are not overwhelming.

If however people are looking to hook up with others on here for real relationships, then they need to first do some real investigating into that person before just jumping into a fantasy with them for real!

For all I know, everyone out there could very well be one to befriend, a 70-year-old prisoner. Or, they could also be a 15-year-old horny child. They could even be exactly who they say they are. I think you can figure things out pretty quickly for yourselves if you correspond and communicate with them first before you get together.

Enjoy the site for what it really is, or even for what you might think it is!

~~Jessica~~
Active Ink Slinger
My profile is for both my wife and I to enjoy. As such, I currently have my wife's photo as my avatar and occasionally swap it with one of my own as the mood suits. In the interest of discretion, i wont show our faces.

The only time I have a problem is if it's a man pretending to be a woman using a woman's photo.

Click Pegasus4's Profile (lushstories.com) to see my profile.

Click Pegasus4's Stories (lushstories.com) to see a list of my stories.

Marx Sister
Quote by Pegasus4
My profile is for both my wife and I to enjoy. As such, I currently have my wife's photo as my avatar and occasionally swap it with one of my own as the mood suits. In the interest of discretion, i wont show our faces.

The only time I have a problem is if it's a man pretending to be a woman using a woman's photo.

I actually disagree with this point. As long as nobody is being hurt, and the bodies of the humans in question are not relevant, what should it matter? Does it bother you if a heavier human uses a picture of a thin human as their avatar? What about those who use animals? Don't catfish people, but it's the damn internet. People are freer to be their true selves when they aren't tethered to a physical body. That said, I try not to conceal that I have body parts which are traditionally associated with both male and female persons. I am non-binary and choose to exist that way because it suits me. A female avatar best reflects who I am and how I identify (and, for that matter, my username).

In response to the OP, yeah, I think it is sometimes about profile views, but often, it's just about what the user thinks is pretty.
My Featured Stories
The Snowglobe Conspiracy – Solving a great mystery | There Is No Butterfly – Time Travel competition entry | Incurable Arousal – Most viewed | Toxic, But Not Sinister – Mutual loathing at its finest | You Were – An experience in the second person | Desiderium – A scattering of lovers
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
What about those loons who use Japanese monsters as avatars, when they are CLEARLY not Japanese monsters, because Japanese monsters don't have opposable thumbs and thus can't type?