Login

How do you post a picture?

last reply
14 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
Can someone please explain to me how to post a pic or gif in the chat rooms? All I ever get is the link address. Thanks
Internet Sensation
If the picture is in your Gallery at Lush you put the image description in between [] and hit enter.

[description]

If the picture is elsewhere on the site or another site you go this way:

1. Right click the image you want to post.

2. Pick the option "Copy Image URL"

3. Paste the link into the text box in the chat room.

4 Press enter.
Matriarch
Thanks Cat, I think this one should be added to the FAQ.

Shouldn't there just be an image icon somewhere on the interface, which you can click and it will allow you to enter the image location, or include a file form your pc?
Internet Sensation
I don't see the need for it.
It would only put an extra step into the process and make the interface even more mushy with icons.
Matriarch
You have a programmer's mindset Cat, not an end users!
Constant Gardener
Moar buttons, please!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
Thanks I will try again
Internet Sensation
Maybe I do.
Or it's in my experience that a lot of options and buttons and functions is intimidating to me when I first try out a new program.
Matriarch
That's all very well Cat, but someone, like me, who never uses or has used chat rooms, would have no idea how to post a pic.

It should be obvious to everyone, is the point I'm trying to make!
Classified
No more buttons are required.
It would help on forums if a newbie attempts to post a pic without sufficient posts to be explained the number rule in a pop up message.
I learnt eventually and still find myself advising others.
=d> Friendly guidance from those such as catnip is best.
Even a basic schematic guide to the existing buttons, including a brief instruction.
I could do with that. Such as the '?' on the Login screen.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Internet Sensation
Yes, I do agree with you frank. A drop down list with short key functions would be good.
Something like:

Quickie:

*bold*
-strike-
_italic_

Post image/video:
Paste image/video url into text box.
[Gallery picture Description]

Whispers:
Whispers can be turned off on your settings page.

@user to whisper

Actions:
<Customised action text>(add additional text here to make it appear after name)
Use the action drop down menu.
Active Ink Slinger
Quote by nicola
That's all very well Cat, but someone, like me, who never uses or has used chat rooms, would have no idea how to post a pic.

It should be obvious to everyone, is the point I'm trying to make!

I think there should be a message semt to a person, when they first sign up about this sort of thing, how to post pictures in forums chat and even posting stories along with rules etc. I also think this sort of thing should be on the forum somewhere, as a permanent thing so that people know how to do what they want and the information is easy to find
Internet Sensation
Holty, I'm working on a "how to do lush" section for not so brainless dummies.
I'm slow though.
Matriarch
Quote by Holty0101

I think there should be a message semt to a person, when they first sign up about this sort of thing, how to post pictures in forums chat and even posting stories along with rules etc. I also think this sort of thing should be on the forum somewhere, as a permanent thing so that people know how to do what they want and the information is easy to find

That's a good idea. We have the FAQ section under Help, which has most of the questions answered in there, but a message or email prompting new members to read it and become familiar with the site, might be useful.

I remember when I first tried to work out how to use Facebook, found it awful to navigate and use.