Login

Marrying Some1 20 yrs Senior 2 U

last reply
18 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
Gals, would u marry some1 who loves u madly and is a perfect gentleman, but is 20 yrs senior 2 u?
Neel
Active Ink Slinger
would i? doubtful.

would i consider it less than marrying anyone else, regardless of age? nope.
Active Ink Slinger
20yrs senior? At my age, his age is a number its like any connection I have to have one with him, more than him too. His family its all a mesh, a blend it all has to work from both sides. If not friendship would mean more, but the chances are that wouldn't work for him but I could be wrong
Active Ink Slinger
Well for me that would mean a guy like 40? That would be okay, but my mom always warns me about the "later". She'll say when you're 40 he's over 60? What will you think then? You'll still be very active and you don't know what state he'll be in. She's more for having an affair with such a man, but avoiding marriage. She thinks it will not work out in the long term. However mom has a friend who's husband is 17 years older and they are still going strong? Who knows, it's a hard question. Very personal to each couple I would say. But for sure it's possible.
Lurker
I would sure consider it if he treated me right
Lurker
Age would not be a decider if I was considering marrying someone. I'd also like to point out that some women like to marry other women, not just 'gentlemen'.
Alpha Blonde
Personally, it's too big of a generational gap for me.
Rookie Scribe
Quote by naughtyNsweet94
Age shouldn't matter when it comes to marriage, a persons soul mate & love shouldn't be restricted by people's age... I can't really say because I have never dated a guy that hasn't been around my age...
If the question is for sex, I would say YES! ;) it's a fantasy of mine silly

Would love to help x
Active Ink Slinger
My current girlfriend is 30 years younger than me. As for marrying I have no wish to repeat the experience. I don't believe in any deity and think the whole thing of public promises therefore to be an expensive and often meaningless waste of time and only useful for divorce lawyers. So no but not for the idea of age differences. I do have every respect for relationships but feel the commitment is mainly between two people and the rest just social convention.
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by lindseyaggie
Marry ... No. Fuck ... Yes.

OMG... thank you... i can still live in hope...
Advanced Wordsmith
Quote by depressivehorny
I would sure consider it if he treated me right

OMG.. you are a fello brit... so so lovely to hear this from you.. hope you look at my profile...and become my friend?acceptance is almost a foregone conclusion... if you want...
Active Ink Slinger
It depends...does he have a landed estate like say, Pemberley for example? Does he have at least 10,000 pounds per annum? Does the gentleman have a title, or is he at least connected by birth with a duke or an earl? I might possibly agree to such a match.
Lurker
The down fall for me would be that most men that are going to be 20 years older than myself have most likely been married before. Families would have already been established and there could be some differences in whether or not to start over. My father and step mother started over at 40 and I have to admit that sometimes it is frustrating. I know I think of wanting more children at my age but if I were to ever divorce and remarry it would be hard to put that kind of pressure on an older man. There's a time when grandchildren should take precedence and if you have your own small children to worry about the grandchildren get lost in the mix...
Active Ink Slinger
I'm 33 to my husband's 48 - is that close enough? And I was 26 when we were married.
Active Ink Slinger
I was with a guy 10 years my senior ah no way. I just don't see what we would have in common in regards to different generations. It's like am I looking for a daddy figure rather then a companion lover?

No thanks.
Lurker
Quote by jollylolly
It depends...does he have a landed estate like say, Pemberley for example? Does he have at least 10,000 pounds per annum? Does the gentleman have a title, or is he at least connected by birth with a duke or an earl? I might possibly agree to such a match.

Hmmmm why does the name Jane Austin come to my mind when I read this comment????