last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I thought this looked brilliant and someone (someone?) might be interested:

Syllabus for a self-directed MA in Creative Writing 2019

"Most of the great writers we read had no MAs, but very different qualifications: life experience, yearning, a typewriter, a well-read library. Their writing courses were self-assembled."
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
This looks amazing! Thanks for sharing, FuzzyBlue! smile
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by fuzzyblue

"Most of the great writers we read had no MAs, but very different qualifications: life experience, yearning, a typewriter, a well-read library. Their writing courses were self-assembled."

I was lucky enough to get a BA in English, even though it took me 24 years to complete it. My actual MA is in Geography. That was fun. And is pretty useful in writing. I learned a lot about what a "Sense of Place" really meant and how it helps in being a decent writer.

I read the syllabus you posted here, Fuzzy girl, and it is a wonderful way to get an education in creative writing. The sooner one gets to it the better. I may try to complete it before I become an octogenarian.
Lurker
0 likes
And if you're climbing the walls during lockdown, here's an online novel writing course, for £99 (about eleventy billion dollars):
0 likes
Quote by fuzzyblue
And if you're climbing the walls during lockdown, here's an online novel writing course, for £99 (about eleventy billion dollars):

Lol, it is like that

The MA info looks interesting. I’ve never done any kind of course in creative writing, so it’s something I should look at when time permits.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Thank you for posting this. I've considered an MA before but balked at the price. I might try this!