Login

Amazing Music Facts

last reply
2 replies
1 watcher
2 likes
puts the ‘ass’ in ‘class’.
0 likes

What amazing music facts do we know? I’ll start. Maybe people know this one, but Tony Iommi, the guitarist in Black Sabbath, lost the tips of two fingers in an industrial accident. Inspired by Django Reinhardt who was similarly afflicted, he made some prosthetics out of Fairy Liquid bottles and carried on playing. Finding it difficult to bend the strings, he tried banjo strings but eventually tuned his guitar down to make it easier to play. The down-tuning made the band’s sound darker, and they’ve not looked back since. He’s probably glad he had the accident now, although since he’s been married four times, maybe his wives wouldn’t agree. X

‘The pious fable and the dirty story
Share in the total literary glory.’

W.H. Auden

Writius Eroticus
1 like

Ooh I like this.

Not sure this isn't well-known but Tori Amos taught herself piano by ear as a toddler, and was composing her own songs by age three. She was so fucking good, she became the youngest person to join some hoity toity musical institute where she studied the classics, and was also, I believe, the only person encouraged to leave due to musical differences. By the time she was eleven.

She's an amazing pianist, totally fucking bonkers and, while I don't love everything she's ever done, I can't say how many times I've played the album Under The Pink. In fact, I'm surprised the laser didn't wear out the CD substrate on my copy during my uni years.

She's also much shorter than I expected, when she snuck out of a side door after the show at Sheffield Civic Hall and almost collided with my wife.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

puts the ‘ass’ in ‘class’.
1 like

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Ooh I like this.

Not sure this isn't well-known but Tori Amos taught herself piano by ear as a toddler, and was composing her own songs by age three. She was so fucking good, she became the youngest person to join some hoity toity musical institute where she studied the classics, and was also, I believe, the only person encouraged to leave due to musical differences. By the time she was eleven.

She's an amazing pianist, totally fucking bonkers and, while I don't love everything she's ever done, I can't say how many times I've played the album Under The Pink. In fact, I'm surprised the laser didn't wear out the CD substrate on my copy during my uni years.

She's also much shorter than I expected, when she snuck out of a side door after the show at Sheffield Civic Hall and almost collided with my wife.

I love Tori Amos! There was a time in my life when I had 1000 Oceans on all the time, slowly pulling me out of self-pity and negative thoughts. She’s an incredible musician. X

‘The pious fable and the dirty story
Share in the total literary glory.’

W.H. Auden